DSX COACH CODE OF CONDUCT
As a coach of the Dublin Soccer League’s DSX Soccer Club, I agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
1. A Coach’s 1st priority during every contact with players under his supervision is the health and safety of the players. Players will not be penalized for parental concerns regarding inclement weather.
2. Coaches will recognize that the greatest threat to players of serious physical harm or death in soccer occurs from the use of unanchored goals during games or practices and will refrain from using them under such circumstances. Moving previously anchored goals is also grounds for misconduct.
3. Coaches will treat all players, parents, coaches, referees, and others associated with DSL programs with respect including addressing players and referees in a positive manner. Under no circumstances will a coach use physical force and/or verbal abuse with players from any team.
4. Coaches will refrain from the use of alcohol, smoking, vaping and profanity around children.
5. Coaches will provide players with an atmosphere that develops an appreciation of the game of soccer; which emphasizes the value of sportsmanship, effort, and the fun of the game; and which keeps winning and losing in proper perspective.
6. Coaches will ensure that each player receive 50% playing time over the course of the season (except where an injury has occurred), significant experience at all positions, and equal opportunities to start games for each player.
7. As a DSX Coach, I will be financially responsible for any fines I incur for violating the Coach Code of Conduct.
8. The roster is not for public disclosure by either direct duplication or via posting on a website.
9. Coaches shall conduct themselves in the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play in an effort to benefit all DSL participants.